- Disharmonic Feet… a Postural Evaluation
- Warm up before Radical Energy Circuit Training
- How to Armour Plate Your Lower Back for Athletic Performance
- Paul Gagné helps Dufour-Lapointe Sisters to Gold Medal Strength
- How Paul Gagné uses the OptoJump for Optimal Athletic Performance
- A Super Easy and Effective Upper Body Warm Up You Don’t Know
- The “Real” Immortals Workout
The “Real” Immortals Workout
I can’t tell you all how much of a privilege and honor it was to work with actor and friend Stephen Dorff who plays the character Stavros in the new movie “Immortals” which opens up in theaters today 11-11-11.
This was a quite an experience for Stephen who had never been exposed to the various training methods (internal muscle range training, tabata interval protocols, oscillation and various isometric segmental abdominal training) and training tools we used (ropes, torso burner speed chain).
It does not take a lot of equipment nor time to get a great workout done that not only builds muscle but also sheds bodyfat. While shooting a film on location you just don’t have a lot of time between “takes” so I had to be creative. Believe it or not sometimes 20 minutes is all we had to get our training in.
When you see the movie Immortals you will understand I also had to keep Stephen’s training very functional. His action scenes were very athletic so I choose to training him in a very similar manner as to how I train my NHL hockey players. The partner resistance training we did kept Stephen’s nervous system always “turned on” as he constantly had to adjust his center of gravity. This is exactly what happens during sporting competitions, the environment is unpredictable and always changing.